Terry Robards Wines and Spirits is deeply connected to the local Adirondack community by supporting fund raising events for organizations that promote nature, sports, the arts, animal welfare, health and wellness. All tasting events are in accordance with the rules of the New York State Liquor Authority.
2017 Event Schedule
- January 14 – Saturday – Trivia Night to Benefit Creative Healing Connections – Will Rogers in Saranac Lake.
- January 29 – Sunday -Lake Placid Sinfonietta – In School Music Education Benefit – Terry Robards Wine & Spirits 4-6 PM
February Winter Wine School – Basics of Wine – 2:00 – 4:30PM Every Sunday Afternoon
- February 5 – Basics of Tasting and Introduction to Wine Styles
- February 12 – Wonderful Whites – To Oak or Not To Oak
- February 19 – All About The Bubbles – Champagne, Prosecco, Cava and More.
- February 26 – Everything’s Coming Up Roses’
- March 5 – Easy Reds – Beaujolais, Burgundy, Pinot Noir, Merlot
- March 12 – Big and Bold Reds – Cabernet, Malbec, Zinfandel, Grenache
- March 19 – How Sweet It Is – Dessert Wines
- March 26 – Overview and Blind Tasting
- April 2 – Pot Luck Gathering and Presentation of Wine School Certificates
The Lake Placid Chocolatier, Katherine Mulderig Mason, joins Julie Robards for a wine and artisan chocolate tasting. Chocolate and wine compliment each other beautifully when properly paired. The Lake Placid Chocolatier is located right next to Terry Robards Wines and Spirits.
Saint Patrick’s Day Whiskey Tasting
Our Saint Patrick’s Day Whiskey Tasting is always a celebration of everything green – and Irish! Our customers get into the spirit of things, along with Southern Wines and Spirits Representative Scott Lushia and the fun loving staff at Terry Robards Wines and Spirits.
2015 Fund Raiser – Breast Cancer Awareness
Julie Robards ( Blue Nun) and Hannah Hanford (The Good Witch) of Adirondack Medical Center in Saranac Lake, NY at the Halloween “Breast Cancer Awareness” Fund Raising Event partially sponsored by Empire Wine and Spirits. We raised over $300 for the cause and donated the funds to our local health care organization while Empire donated a portion of every sale to the national campaign.
Mountain Valley Horse Rescue
Pictured is Tim Robinson – General Manager of Terry Robards Wines & Spiritswith Holly Kostoss and DJ O’Neill with a bottle of Pappy Van Winkle that was sold to benefit the rescue and care of over 20 severely neglected horses. Thanks to the generosity of these three individuals, and many more, over $2,700 was raised to help Crane Mountain Valley Horse Rescue, local horse trainers and Essex County, NY care for the animals. This picture was featured in Whisky Advocate magazine.