Basics of Wine – Wine School
Terry & Julie Robards
Winter Wine School will begin on Sunday, February 5, 2017 at 2:00 PM.
Please call the store at 518-523-9072 to register by phone, or email email@example.com.
Basics of Wine – Winter Wine School is an eight to ten week course designed to introduce the basics of wine to people who like to drink it, but want to know more about it. All tasting classes are designed to bring students along on a fun filled, informative journey towards a real understanding of what wine is, how it is made, how to taste it and how to pair it with food. If 8 Basics of Wine classes are taken – a certificate of merit will be awarded. There is no charge for classes but donations to cover the cost of food and materials are appreciated.
- Exploring Wine – Introduction to Wine – The 7 S’s of Tasting
- All About Bubbles – Champagne, Prosecco, Cava and More
- The Wonderful Whites – Chardonnay, Pinot Grigio, Sauvignon Blanc and Riesling
- To Oak or Not To Oak.
- Everything’s Coming Up Roses – Dry and Sweet Rose’
- Light Reds from Beaujolais and Pinot Noir to Merlot
- Big Reds, Cabernet, Malbec, Zinfandel and More
- Just Desserts – How Sweet It Is.
- Overview, Blind Tasting and Written Test.
- Pot-Luck Pairing & Presentation of Certificates
There are also a number of evening seminars that will be announced throughout the year:
- French Wine: Burgundy, Bordeaux and the Rhone. – 3 Sessions
- Italian Wine: Sparklers, Whites, Rose’ and Reds – 4 Sessions
- Port – Vintage, Late Bottle Vintage, Ruby, Tawny – 1 Session
- Four Evenings in October: Wine Appreciation Classes